Jan 21-23, 2022
Elkhorn Winter Hoops Challenge- Omaha NE
$10 PER ADULT, PER DAY (WEEKEND PASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR $25 PER ADULT ON FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY)
$5 PER STUDENT (6-17 YEARS OLD), PER DAY
CHILDREN 5 AND UNDER = FREE
For Tournament Rules, click on the MORE tab and then DOCUMENTS.
HOME TEAM wears light-colored jerseys and is the first (TOP) team listed on the phone app schedule. The AWAY TEAM is the second (BOTTOM) team listed on the phone app and will wear DARK COLORED jerseys.
• 3rd Grade Boys, 3rd Grade Girls and 4th Grade Girls will play on a 10’ high rim with a 12' free throw line. All other grades/levels will play on a 10’ high rim with a 15' free throw line.
• 3rd grade boys’ & girls’ teams will use a 27.5" basketball. All other grades will use a 28.5” basketball, except 8th grade boys will use an official size 29.5” basketball.
• Each game will consist of two 20 minutes halves with a running clock. Clock stops on all timeouts, injuries and all dead balls during the last 1 minute of each half.
• Each team must provide an adult volunteer for the score book or clock.
Full Court Pressing:
• No Full Court Press at 3rd Grade boys, 3rd Grade Girls, 4th Grade Girls and 4th/5th grade girls divisions, until the last 30 seconds of regulation or overtime, only if the point differential is less than 10 points.
• Full court pressing is allowed at all other grades and levels, to a 20-point lead.
• Each team will receive 1 full 60 second time out and 1 – 30 second time-out per half, no carryover to the second half or overtime.
• The first OT will be two minutes, with the clock stopping on all timeouts, injuries and all dead balls in the last minute of overtime.
• If the game remains tied after the first overtime, the 2nd overtime will be sudden death 2-minute overtime, with the clock stopping on all timeouts, injuries and all dead balls in the last minute of sudden death overtime. The first team to score wins.
• If the score remains tied after 2 overtimes, each team will pick a free throw shooter to shoot a free throw. If one player makes their free throw and the other does not, then that team that made it wins. If both miss or make, then the teams must choose 2 different players to shoot. The team cannot choose the same player to shoot until all players on the team have shot. This happens until a team wins.
• Each team gets one 1 full 60 second timeout in each OT period; no carryover.
Standings / Tie Breakers:
• 2-Way Ties are broken by head-to-head game results.
• 3-Way Tie-Breakers
3.) Point Differential (20 point maximum)
4.) Total Points Allowed